- Study Abroad
- California State University, Fullerton
- What is the most memorable/impressive experience?
- I can definitely say my reading class was the most memorable experience! I can't forget the first day of the class because all tables were round tables for group works, and
I was sure that this class was going to be hard for me. As time goes by, however, I became
close to my group members who usually sat the same table with me, and we talked not
only in the class but also outside of the class like in group chat. When I noticed, this class
was my most favorite class ever. Especially, the happiest moment in this class was when
the group members tried to remember the correct pronunciation of my name.
- What was your proudest accomplishment during your stay?
- I have done about six-minute-long speeches twice in my presentation class. I
memorized all the scripts before the speech, and when I did my speech without looking
at my script in most time, I had a sense of achievement and felt really good.
- What was the biggest hardship you faced?
- I think making American friends was the hardest thing for me. I remember that it was hard to overcome the racial barrier between Asian and American. At first, I worried
about making friends in the US, but once I joined a K-pop club, I made American friends
and started to hang out with them. In the second semester, I became friends with my
classmates. Compare to the first semester, I have many friends.