- Study Abroad
- University of Leeds
- What is the most memorable/impressive experience?
- The most memorable experience in my study abroad is that my family and I reunited with our relative in England for the first time in 16 years. I translated our conversation
into both languages so that all could communicate with each other. We had not kept in
touch for a long time because my family couldn't fully understand English. I was so glad
to be able to talk to them in English and to know their thought and my background. I'm
so honored to be able to act as a bridge between Japan and England!
- What was your proudest accomplishment during your stay?
- My proudest accomplishment is that I took charge of kimono in Japanese Sakura
Festival and was able to help people put on kimonos. I made efforts to negotiate with my
kimono teacher so as to borrow various types of kimonos. In addition, I taught other
Japanese students how to wear kimono. I could make the most of my experience in the
volunteer work in Japan. I enjoyed talking with many people from various countries who
- What skill did you gain the most (academically or socially)?
- I have got into a habit of reading during my study abroad. I had not been a big fun of reading since when I was a child. However, I got interested in reading because I met lots
of friends who love reading. I made a poster about reading habits and presented it as one
of my final assessment. I realized that there were many factors for people to read books
such as gender, environment in childhood, and types of books. I really enjoy reading more
than in the past.