- TWCU Summer Programs
- Universite Catholique de L'Ouest
- What was your proudest accomplishment during your stay?
- What I felt most accomplished was the presentation in the class. I introduced
Japanese animation in my assignment in which I was asked to speak about the pride of
my home country. I searched the history of Japanese animation in the internet in a
short period of preparation time, and I completed a satisfactory work while struggling to
create a PowerPoint slides on my smartphone. Although there was something
unexpected happened that animation did not work, it was good because I could deal
with the problem by playing it by ear, and I was told by my friends that it was a great
- What was the biggest hardship you faced?
- It was really hard for me to understand native pronunciation. Until now, I had no chance to talk with French native speakers. I was puzzled by their speed of speaking at
first, but I thought that I needed to get used to it, and then I started to honestly tell
them when there was something I do not understand during conversation. Also, I tried
to give a correct response after firmly understanding the contents. In addition, by
actively talking to local people, I aimed to improve my ability.
- What is the biggest thing you wish you would have done during the stay?
- When I went to a language school, there were many recreations held by the monitors.However, at that time, I never went to drinking parties and karaoke events held at
night because I did not want to get too tired by staying up late. Now I think back, there
were few such opportunities, so I thought it would have been nice if I had joined some of