- TWCU Spring Programs
- Dublin City University
- What is the most memorable/impressive experience?
- The most impressive thing is the friendliness of everyone. I made many friends
because there were up to five foreign students staying at my home stay house. We are
still connected by Instagram. Also, my teacher was very kind and interesting, so I was
able to speak out my opinions more during the class. Furthermore, I felt Ireland was
very safe and there were a lot of warm-hearted people like Japanese. I didn't know much
about Ireland before, but I stayed there for one month and became very fond of it.
- What skill did you gain the most (academically or socially)?
- The most improved skill during my stay is my listening. On the first day, I felt my host mother's speaking was so fast, and I didn't understand her at all. So, I worried about
the rest of my stay. However, I gradually became used to it, and the conversation became
smoother in the second half of my stay. Also, I think I became more active through this
study abroad. As I was actively talking to my host family and friends, my English
- What was your proudest accomplishment during your stay?
- I planned with my friends and visited various sightseeing spots in Ireland. I went by myself to a cafe, which was recommended on the internet. I never thought I could go to
a cafe alone in overseas, so I felt a great achievement at that time. The waiter was
friendly and comfortable unlike Japan; for example, since it snowed at that time, he
started singing and jumping. I really like that feeling and I want to live in Ireland.